Fast, affordable & scalable professional German translation
Gengo offers on-demand and high-quality German translation services at affordable rates. Thousands of companies—both large and small—trust Gengo to fuel their global growth.
Working with Gengo gives you access to thousands of certified translators who have years of translation and localization experience, as well as our intuitive platform and embedded quality tools. Our expert team can help you manage projects of any size to find a flexible, efficient and economical solution for your translation needs.
Trusted by global companies
Choose between two different levels of quality and pricing to match your needs. All translators have been pre-tested for each level ensuring high quality translations.
From $0.06 /word
|Accurate translation of your text by a native speaker. Price perfect to expand your business to new markets.|
From $0.12 /word
|Professional translation for formal business use. Detailed attention to tone, subject, and meaning.|
German translation tips
Translation text expansion
The German language is known for its long compound words, usually created to replace sequences of smaller words (for example, “Freundschaftsbezeugungen” which refers to demonstrations of friendship). Something people tend not to realize is that translations from English to German can be up to 35% lengthier than the original text. This linguistic feature of the German language can have a big impact on design, elongating navigation menus, taglines, displays and more. Whereas in English, text can easily be broken into lines where there is restricted room, German translations may not separate as easily and pose challenges to your website’s design and layout.
Formal vs. informal speech
In German, there is a distinction between formal and informal speech depending on the person you are addressing and the level of politeness. The German language is known to be fairly formal and so it’s best to be polite and use the language in the right way when addressing a German speaking audience.
German language facts
- With over 100 million native speakers, German is the most-spoken language in Europe, beating out Italian, French, Spanish and even English.
- The German language comes from proto-German, which dates as far back as 500 B.C.
- Though most German speakers are located in Germany, German is also an official language of five other countries: Austria, Belgium, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, and Switzerland.
- German is the third most widely taught language, just behind Spanish and French with over 15 million language learners worldwide.
- Due to their close relationship, German and English share over half of their vocabulary.
German translation services
Gengo is a leading provider in professional German translation. With thousands of professional English to German translators located worldwide, no other translation company can provide fast and high quality German translation at a more competitive rate. We currently deliver hundreds of German translation projects each month, easily and at scale.
Our translator community has deep experience translating from English to German and vice versa. All of our professional German translators are thoroughly tested for quality and skill and are continually evaluated and rated after each project. In addition, we’re able to create custom translator teams from our pool of native speakers for your unique content, ensuring quality and consistency across projects.
Looking for a cost-effective translation solution? Gengo keeps pricing simple with low per-word rates and two different levels of quality to match your needs. No more contracts, upfront fees, or negotiation. Learn more about our pricing.
Need German translation, fast? Reach the world’s 100 million German speakers in just hours with Gengo. We provide fast, affordable and reliable German translation, no matter the volume.
Gengo has an impressive track record of delivering professional German translations in a wide range of document and content types, including:
- German website localization
- German mobile app localization
- German game localization
- German product description translation
- Customer support translation
- Marketing copy, ads and social media
- News articles and entertainment
- Travel listings and guides
- German document translation
- Emails, letters and more