Fast, affordable & scalable professional Greek translation
Gengo offers on-demand and high-quality Greek translation services at affordable rates. Thousands of companies—both large and small—trust Gengo to fuel their global growth.
Working with Gengo gives you access to thousands of certified translators who have years of translation and localization experience, as well as our intuitive platform and embedded quality tools. Our expert team can help you manage projects of any size to find a flexible, efficient and economical solution for your translation needs.
Trusted by global companies
Choose between two different levels of quality and pricing to match your needs. All translators have been pre-tested for each level ensuring high quality translations.
From $0.06 /word
|Accurate translation of your text by a native speaker. Price perfect to expand your business to new markets.|
From $0.12 /word
|Professional translation for formal business use. Detailed attention to tone, subject, and meaning.|
Greek translation tips
Greek as an inflected language
Because Greek is an inflected language, many Greek words can take on different meanings altogether depending on their form and construction. Translators working with English to Greek translations should be particularly careful when it comes to the many inflections that exist in the Greek language — it’s important to know the root form of the word in order to properly define it, whereas this is not the case with English, where it’s more often the word itself and word order in a sentence is what yields the change in statement. (Ex: Sit vs. sat. Or “Joe gave Mary flowers” vs. “Mary gave Joe flowers.”)
Translators working with English to Greek translations should be careful when it comes to punctuation. In Greek, question marks look like semicolons while semicolons and colons look like floating periods. Commas and periods, however, are used in Greek as similarly to how they’re used in written English.
Greek language facts
- Greek is the official language of Greece, where it is spoken by almost the entire population.
- Approximately 13 million people worldwide speak Greek, in countries including Albania, Cyprus, the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada, the United States, Australia. Argentina, Brazil, Chile, South Africa, and more.
- An estimated 30% of the English vocabulary is comprised of classical Greek words in some form — most of these are scientific words.
- Greek is one of the oldest written languages in the world. In fact, there has been Greek literacy for at least three and a half millenia — more than twice as long the existence of the English language.
Greek translation services
Trust Gengo as the leading provider in professional Green translation for any and all of your English-Greek business translations. We have experienced and professional English to Greek translators who will work around the clock to deliver your project with accuracy and scale.
Using Gengo for your translation needs means quality and accuracy across all your projects. Get access to hundreds of native Greek translators who are well-versed and experienced in translating from English to Greek.
Gengo offers cost-effective and simple pricing for your Greek translation needs. Choose from one of our two pricing plans designed to suit your business needs. Learn more about our pricing.
Gengo is fully equipped to support any of your high volume Greek translation needs. Thousands of translators all over the world are ready to ensure that all your deadlines will be met.
To help your business succeed in the Greek market, we provide a wide range of document and content types including:
- Greek website localization
- Greek mobile app localization
- Greek game localization
- Greek product description translation
- Customer support translation
- Marketing copy, ads and social media
- News articles and entertainment
- Travel listings and guides
- Greek document translation
- Emails, letters and more