Fast, affordable & scalable professional Norwegian translation
Gengo offers on-demand and high-quality Norwegian translation services at affordable rates. Thousands of companies—both large and small—trust Gengo to fuel their global growth.
Working with Gengo gives you access to thousands of certified translators who have years of translation and localization experience, as well as our intuitive platform and embedded quality tools. Our expert team can help you manage projects of any size to find a flexible, efficient and economical solution for your translation needs.
Trusted by global companies
Choose between two different levels of quality and pricing to match your needs. All translators have been pre-tested for each level ensuring high quality translations.
From $0.06 /word
|Accurate translation of your text by a native speaker. Price perfect to expand your business to new markets.|
From $0.12 /word
|Professional translation for formal business use. Detailed attention to tone, subject, and meaning.|
Norwegian translation tips
Bokmål vs. Nynorsk
There are two official written forms of Norwegian, Bokmål and Nynorsk. Being preferred by 85 to 90 percent of the population, Bokmål is by far the most common form. Translators should be aware of the differences and work with the requirements of the target audience in mind.
Use human translators
It’s best to avoid machine translation (MT) when it comes to Norwegian to English translations. Many phrases in Norwegian are actually untranslatable to English and could get butchered or lost with MT. For example, pålegg refers to the ingredients that you put on top of an open-faced sandwich while takk for sist translates to “thank you for the last time” which is used in context when speaking to someone you haven’t spoken to in a while.
Norwegian language facts
- Norwegian is the official language of Norway and is spoken by around five million people, predominantly in Norway itself.
- Norwegian is considered one of the easiest languages for English-speakers to learn, owing to similarities in vocabulary, grammar and the large amount of English loanwords.
- There are hundreds of Norwegian dialects. Each can be roughly categorized into four sub-groups: Northern, Western, Central and Eastern.
- The dialects of Norway are generally mutually intelligible, however, some can be significantly deviate from ‘standard’ Norwegian.
Norwegian translation services
Gengo is a leading provider in professional Norwegian translation — unmatched by other translation companies. Our professional English to Norwegian translators are located worldwide and produce quality and efficient Norwegian translation at competitive rates.
Gengo’s translators have all been thoroughly vetted and tested for their skillset and knowledge of the Norwegian language. You can be rest assured that you’ll be getting only top-notch quality for all your translation needs.
Choose from two quality plans, each designed to match your specific needs and get simple per-word pricing. There are no contracts to sign, no hidden costs, and no minimum spend requirement. Learn more about our pricing.
Business translation needs are crucial. That’s why Gengo has you covered with a quick turnaround for translating all your content to Norwegian efficiently, whether you have one short sentence or a hundred pages.
When it comes to delivering professional Norwegian business translations, Gengo has substantial experience in producing professional results in an extensive range of content and document types, including:
- Norwegian website localization
- Norwegian mobile app localization
- Norwegian game localization
- Norwegian product description translation
- Customer support translation
- Marketing copy, ads and social media
- News articles and entertainment
- Travel listings and guides
- Norwegian document translation
- Emails, letters and more