Professional Swedish Translation
Fast, affordable & scalable professional Swedish translation
Gengo offers on-demand and high-quality Swedish translation services at affordable rates. Thousands of companies—both large and small—trust Gengo to fuel their global growth.
Working with Gengo gives you access to thousands of certified translators who have years of translation and localization experience, as well as our intuitive platform and embedded quality tools. Our expert team can help you manage projects of any size to find a flexible, efficient and economical solution for your translation needs.
Trusted by global companies
Choose between two different levels of quality and pricing to match your needs. All translators have been pre-tested for each level ensuring high quality translations.
From $0.06 /word
|Accurate translation of your text by a native speaker. Price perfect to expand your business to new markets.|
From $0.12 /word
|Professional translation for formal business use. Detailed attention to tone, subject, and meaning.|
Swedish translation tips
Translation text contraction
Swedish is a relatively brief language, with a small vocabulary. As a result, when English is translated into Swedish, the original text shrinks by an average of 10 percent. When designing a website or formatting a document, this needs to be kept in mind.
It is often said that the Swedish language is cold and a little aloof. What this misses is the fact that Swedish is a subtle language and in its own way very expressive. There are even words that cannot be accurately translated into English. For example, dygn, that roughly translates as “all day and night”. For this reason, translating from English into Swedish (or vice versa) requires a translator with a deep knowledge of the language and its many subtleties.
Swedish language facts
- Swedish is the official language of Sweden and one of the official languages of Finland – it is spoken by roughly 9 million people.
- The geographic and cultural links between Sweden, Denmark and Norway mean their languages are very similar and are mutually intelligible. It is often said that learning Swedish is like learning three languages at once.
- Swedish descends from the Old East Norse dialect, with the oldest known record of the language found on a runestone dating from 800 CE.
- Swedish has a far smaller vocabulary than English and has borrowed many English words, making it a relatively simple language to learn for English-speakers.
Swedish translation services
Gengo is a trusted provider of Swedish translation services. All of our translators are pre-tested and professional, often having many years of experience. What’s more, we strive to provide great quality at affordable translation rates leveraging some of the most cutting-edge technology in the translation industry.
Gengo uses only native speaking, professional translators who can guarantee quality translations on a consistent basis. We listen to our customers specifications and adjust our service to ensure the end product is the best that it can be.
Our per word pricing system is simple and transparent, eliminating the need for upfront fees and negotiation of contracts. Our different pricing levels also allow you to choose the level of service that best fits your project. Learn more about our pricing.
Gengo excels in flexibility. Our platform is highly scalable, which means, no matter the deadline nor the size of the project, Gengo is able to help with all your translation needs.
Our expert Swedish translators have been providing high-quality content in a wide range of document or format types, including:
- Swedish website localization
- Swedish mobile app localization
- Swedish game localization
- Swedish product description translation
- Customer support translation
- Marketing copy, ads and social media
- News articles and entertainment
- Travel listings and guides
- Swedish document translation
- Emails, letters and more